What could be better than sitting on a warm beach watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico with your best friend by your side?
We at Castaways Cottages know how important it is for many of our guests to be able to include their four-footed family members in their Sanibel island vacation. That's why we chose to make our resort a pet-friendly locale for guests who want to experience a true family vacation!
All guests wishing to bring a pet to Castaways Cottages must call us in advance with complete pet information. Pet rates are $25 per pet, per day, with a maximum of 2 pets per unit. All pet owners must also sign the Castaways Cottages pet agreement upon check-in to the resort.
CASTAWAYS COTTAGES PET POLICY
Our guests bringing pets are required to follow the following simple rules:
1. Guest agrees to keep their pet on a leash at all times while outside of the unit.
2. Guest agrees to keep their pet off the pool deck area.
3. Guest agrees to not leave their pet unattended in the unit for more than 2 hours. However, it is the responsibility of the pet owner to prevent the pet from disturbing other guests at all times.
4. Guest agrees to clean up after their pet at all times.
5. Guest agrees if their pet is a bird, it must stay in its cage at all times while in the unit.
6. Guest agrees to be responsible for any damages caused by their pet, and agrees to pay for said damages.
7. Guests who are scheduled for a house clean must remove the pet from the unit prior to house clean.
8. Guests that do not abide by these rules may be asked to leave the resort without a refund.
9. The following dogs will NOT be accepted on property per our Insurance Company Liability Coverage: Pit Bull, Chow Chow, Akita, Husky, Doberman, Wolf Hybrid, Presa Canaroso, Rottweiler and Staffordshire Terriers.